Submit

You can submit your opinions to MT

Covering Domestic and Global affairs

Markhor Times
  • National
  • Sports
  • Government
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Editorial
Reading: Usama Mir Questions PCB Over NOC ‘Double Standards’
Share
Font ResizerAa
Markhor TimesMarkhor Times
Search
Follow US
Made by ThemeRuby using the Foxiz theme. Powered by WordPress
Homepage Blog Sports Usama Mir Questions PCB Over NOC ‘Double Standards’
Sports

Usama Mir Questions PCB Over NOC ‘Double Standards’

By
Ali
Last updated: August 5, 2025
2 Min Read
Share

Usama Mir has criticised the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) for inconsistent handling of No-Objection Certificates (NOCs) after missing the 2024 T20 Blast despite being out of the national squad.

Mir, who had played a successful season for Worcestershire in 2023, was due to return in 2024 but was replaced after the PCB denied his NOC request. Speaking on a local sports platform, the leg-spinner said he was disheartened to see other players given more lenient treatment.

He noted that his contract included a provision for a special NOC when no international or domestic cricket was scheduled. However, even though he wasn’t part of the national setup and no matches were being played, the NOC was still refused.

Mir said he had raised the issue with officials and was told the chairman had changed—an explanation he found inadequate. He questioned whether leadership changes at the PCB should impact already signed contracts.

Read More: Big Name Likely to Miss Asia Cup 2025 – What We Know So Far

The PCB later clarified that under the terms of Mir’s central contract, he was only allowed to play in two T20 leagues outside the PSL. Since he had already featured in the Hundred and the BBL, his request for a third NOC was declined.

Mir, however, argued that the clause had been applied retroactively, since he hadn’t signed the contract when he played in the Hundred. He also highlighted that his BBL stint was cut short as he was recalled for national duty.

He expressed disappointment, saying cricketers should not be denied playing opportunities without clear and fair reasons, especially when not on national duty.

TAGGED:CentralContractCricketPakistanNOCpcbT20BlastUsamaMirWorcestershire
Share This Article
Facebook Email Copy Link Print
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

tapmad Secures Exclusive Digital and Television Rights for the FIFA World Cup in Pakistan

tapmad, Pakistan’s leading digital streaming platform, proudly announces that it has acquired the exclusive digital and television broadcasting rights for…

Sports
May 18, 2026

DP DOMINATORS has been crowned the champions of FFWS Pakistan Spring 2026 and earned a slot in the Free Fire at EWC 2026 in Riyadh

DP DOMINATORS has been crowned the champions of FFWS Pakistan Spring 2026 and earned a slot in the Free Fire…

Sports
May 7, 2026

PSL 2026 Final Highlights: Zalmi Secure Title, Babar Azam Makes History

Zalmi defeated Hyderabad Kingsmen by five wickets to secure their second PSL title after 2017. The winning team, Peshawar Zalmi,…

Sports
May 5, 2026

Boca Raton Championship Wrestling Introduces New Logo During WrestleMania Week Event

Boca Raton Championship Wrestling (BRCW) introduced a new company logo during WrestleMania Week in Las Vegas, where the promotion held…

Sports
April 27, 2026
Markhor Times is an independent, privately owned publication focusing on Domestic and Global Affairs and bringing truth forward in this fast paced, biased world of media. MT is one of the emerging e-outlets in Pakistan, headquartered in Pakistan.

Follow US: 

Markhor Times Advertising (SMC-PRIVATE) Limited

Email: ameer@markhortimes.com
Tel: +92-3348881455

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?