Submit

You can submit your opinions to MT

Covering Domestic and Global affairs

Markhor Times
  • National
  • Sports
  • Government
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Editorial
Reading: UN Flags Mass Palestinian Displacement in West Bank
Share
Font ResizerAa
Markhor TimesMarkhor Times
Search
Follow US
Made by ThemeRuby using the Foxiz theme. Powered by WordPress
Homepage Blog World UN Flags Mass Palestinian Displacement in West Bank
World

UN Flags Mass Palestinian Displacement in West Bank

By
Ali
Last updated: July 15, 2025
2 Min Read
Share

The United Nations has raised alarm over mass forced displacement in the occupied West Bank, calling it the largest since Israel took control of the territory nearly six decades ago. The warning follows an Israeli military operation in the region that began in January 2025.

Juliette Touma, spokesperson for the UN agency for Palestinian refugees, told reporters on Tuesday that the ongoing military campaign — dubbed “Operation Iron Wall” — has led to tens of thousands of Palestinians being uprooted, particularly from refugee camps in northern West Bank. Touma said the operation is the longest since the Second Intifada of the early 2000s.

According to the UN human rights office, around 30,000 Palestinians remain forcibly displaced due to the operation. Spokesman Thameen Al-Kheetan said Israeli forces have issued demolition orders for approximately 1,400 homes in the northern region.

Since October 2023, more than 2,900 Palestinians have reportedly been displaced due to home demolitions, while another 2,400 — nearly half of them children — were forced out due to Israeli settler violence.

Read More: Ireland Becomes First EU Nation to Ban Trade with Israeli Settlements

Al-Kheetan noted that the “combined effect is the depopulation of large areas of the West Bank,” warning that such mass displacement by an occupying power could be considered a crime against humanity, possibly amounting to “ethnic cleansing.”

The UN also reported 757 settler attacks in the West Bank in the first half of 2025 — a 13% increase over last year. In June alone, settler violence injured 96 Palestinians, marking the highest monthly total in over 20 years.

Violence in the West Bank has intensified since the Hamas-led October 2023 attack on Israel and the subsequent war in Gaza. Since then, at least 964 Palestinians and 53 Israelis have been killed in the West Bank and Israel.

TAGGED:DisplacementEthnic CleansingIsrael-PalestineOperation Iron WallSettler ViolenceUNWest Bank
Share This Article
Facebook Email Copy Link Print
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

Former London Nursery Worker Sentenced to 18 Years for Sexual Offences

He admitted to 56 sexual offences. These included the sexual assault of very young children, some as young as two…

World
February 13, 2026

Prince William Concludes Historic Three Day Visit to Saudi Arabia

The Prince toured Misk Sports City in Riyadh, where he met young female football players. He praised the growing role…

World
February 11, 2026

Katie Price Marries Entrepreneur Lee Andrews in Intimate Dubai Ceremony

The ceremony took place in a beautiful garden venue decorated with rose petals. The couple held hands as they exchanged…

World
January 31, 2026

Nigerian President Falls at Turkey Event

President Tinubu was not injured and was able to carry on with his official programme. The president was stable and…

World
January 29, 2026
Markhor Times is an independent, privately owned publication focusing on Domestic and Global Affairs and bringing truth forward in this fast paced, biased world of media. MT is one of the emerging e-outlets in Pakistan, headquartered in Pakistan.

Follow US: 

Markhor Times Advertising (SMC-PRIVATE) Limited

Email: ameer@markhortimes.com
Tel: +92-3348881455

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?